[Logo] Teacher's Corner
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
Classroom Uses for Elementary School Age Students  XML
Forum Index » Voki in your Classroom
Anonymous

I have used Voki in the classroom with fourth graders. Their first project was a research on the accomplishments made by, conflict and/or cooperation with the Native Americans, and what reasons did the explorer set out for North America. The students found the information then set out to create their voki as close to the explorer as possible. They had a share time for all to see and myself to grade them.

Their next project was a book talk. This was to persuade others to read the book of their choice. This must include the title, author, and summary of the book.

The third project is to persuade others to start a colony on the newest moon found in our Solar System. This must include 3 facts and 2 non facts in the presentation.

I am presenting this to our district TECH meeting in February. I am enjoying trying new things with voki and teaching. This has been a great way to teach them how to present what they have learned. Thank you!
Anonymous

How did you get each student an account for the voki? Did you use g-mail accounts? I love what you did.
Anonymous

I am a music teacher and I use voki in several difference ways. First I use it to grab my students' attention if we are starting a new project in class. The voki will tell them what to do as I get materials ready or while I pass materials out. I have also used voki for summaries. My students learned about Bach. Handel and Beethoven and wrote summaries about each of them. They used the voki to tell me their summary for the class instead of them coming up to the front themselves. This helps me find out what they learned without them being scared of telling me in front of everyone. It also helps me help them structure their sentences and become better writers.
Sandi

Anonymous wrote:How did you get each student an account for the voki? Did you use g-mail accounts? I love what you did.

I set up an account with my school e-mail which the children and parents are familiar with but put a simple password for our class. We really use this in our computer lab or in the classroom.
Sandi

Anonymous wrote:I am a music teacher and I use voki in several difference ways. First I use it to grab my students' attention if we are starting a new project in class. The voki will tell them what to do as I get materials ready or while I pass materials out. I have also used voki for summaries. My students learned about Bach. Handel and Beethoven and wrote summaries about each of them. They used the voki to tell me their summary for the class instead of them coming up to the front themselves. This helps me find out what they learned without them being scared of telling me in front of everyone. It also helps me help them structure their sentences and become better writers.

Great idea...I will pass this on to our music teacher!
Anonymous

Sandi wrote:
Anonymous wrote:How did you get each student an account for the voki? Did you use g-mail accounts? I love what you did.

I set up an account with my school e-mail which the children and parents are familiar with but put a simple password for our class. We really use this in our computer lab or in the classroom.

Can more than one student at a time work on the same account? I would like to use Voki with students in our computer lab, but they are under the age limit for individual accounts. Do I have to limit use to one student at a time?
Jesse

[Avatar]

These are some really creative uses of Voki in the classroom!

We'd love to use your examples as Voki Lesson Plans and add them to our Lesson Plan Database (http://www.voki.com/lesson_plans.php). If you would like your lesson plan to be featured here, please email us at lessonplans@voki.com. We'll be happy to credit you as the author and link to your class Voki examples (depending on your preference).

Again, very creative ideas and thanks for sharing them!

Jesse
The Voki Team
[WWW]

Forum Index » Voki in your Classroom
Go to: